1st Act of AI Festival Montpellier
Due to COVID modifications, the initial AI Forum France could not take its planned form (AI Austria Forum). Instead, IFIP TC12 decided to have several events, beginning with a Round Table on September 23rd 2020.
The event, which attracted over 100 people and was conducted under COVID-safe conditions, was hosted by Cité de l’économie et des métiers, Montpellier. They developed the program in collaboration with the University of Montpellier (ISDM and LIRMM labs).
The program included:
- IFIP video and information on the 60 years celebration.
- An overview of the Successive Waves of AI since 1956 and Before by Eunika Mercier-Laurent, Chair of IFIP TC12
- A presentation on AI fields covered by the South Community of AI by Anne Laurent, ISDM, University of Montpellier
- AI for Environment and Agriculture by Dino Ienco, CIRAD
- AI and Health by Pierre Larmande, IRD
- Pl@ntNet – IA at the Service of Plant Biodiversity by Alexis Joly, INRIA
- My Vision of AI in 60 Years – group discussion
- The Evolution of Software Engineering by Marianne Huchard, LIRMM
The day finished with announcements of upcoming events and discussion closed the round table. All precautionary measures were taken.
All presentations can be found here.
AI Research Community and Associations in Poland
The Polish representative of TC12, Jerzy Stefanowski, recently published an article on the latest research into AI in Poland. The article, which is co-authored by Grzegorz J. Nalepa, explored the main achievements, opportunities and limitations of the Polish AI community. You can download it here.
Proceedings from PP-RAI’2019 (Polish Agreement for the Development of Artificial Intelligence) conference are now available online.