Time is running to nominate highly ethical professionals and organisations for the prestigious David O’Leary Award, offered by IFIP IP3.
The deadline to nominate is 15 August, 2021, with the opportunity to recognise an individual or body that has:
- promoted and demonstrated Professionalism (Professional Practice),
- worked as an Ethics Evangelist and/or
- made strides in fostering diversity among ICT practitioners.
The award will be conferred based on the following criteria:
- Professionalism – demonstrated commitment to all aspects of ICT professional practice:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Service to organisation and broader community
- Pride in the profession and setting a good example.
- Ethics Evangelism – in addition to ethical behaviour, takes every opportunity to spread the Ethics message.
- Fosters Diversity – works to promote gender, race and digital equity.
The award is named for Canadian David O’Leary who made an enormous contribution to the IFIP Global Industry Council and the broader tehnology sector, and who embodied, and was a role model for, all the qualities of a true Professional. He passed away in 2018.
The David O’Leary award includes a cash prize of US$1500 and travel to IFIP’s General Assembly 2022 to receive the prize. The winner in 2019 was Mary Cleary – click here to find out more.
The closing date for the 2021 Award is 15 August 2021. All information is confidential and will only be shared with prior permission.