IFIP President Anthony Wong and ACM President Yannis Ioannidis had the opportunity to connect in person at the recent SIGGRAPH Asia 2023 event held in Sydney, Australia.
Mr Wong offered his congratulations to Conference Chair, June Kim of the University of NSW, Aaron Quigley from CSIRO Data61 and the organising committee on the hugely successful event, which attracted around 6,000 people to Sydney’s International Convention Centre on Darling Harbour.
Billed as an opportunity to bring together the world’s most respected technical and creative minds, SIGGRAPH Asia featured over 700 speakers, including:
- Jun Murai, Distinguished Professor and Keio University Founder of the WIDE Project,
- Joe Letteri, Senior Visual Effects Supervisor at Wētā FX and winner of five Academy Awards for Best Visual Effects for Avatar, The Lord of the Rings and King Kong,
- Paul Debevec, Chief Research Officer at Eyeline Studios Powered by Netflix,
- Sarah Carney, CTO at Microsoft,
- Mark Pesce of University of Sydney,
- Raqi Syed of Victoria University of Wellington,
- Rob Bredow, Chief Creative Officer of Industrial Light & Magic, and more.
CSIRO Data61’s Aaron Quigley said the event brought together the local and international graphics industry and also featured amazing demonstrations from some of the 90 exhibitors on-site.