A new awards program will form a highlight of the 2016 SEARCC (South East Asian Regional Computer Confederation) Conference, to be hosted in Sydney by the ACS (Australian Computer Society) on 1 December 2016.
This year’s SEARCC Conference will be held conjunction with the ACS Reimagination Thought Leaders’ Summit and the Digital Disruptor Awards, with the inaugural SEARCC International Awards focusing on outstanding achievers in the categories of:
- ICT Professional of the Year;
- ICT Researcher of the Year; and
- ICT Educator of the Year.
Full details of the awards, including the criteria for each category, award rules and application forms will be available shortly. For more information, please visit http://reimagination16.acs.org.au/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCC is a forum of national IT professional societies in the Asia Pacific region. Its vision is to be the key collaborative body for national ICT professional associations in the Asia Pacific region, helping its members to prosper and grow. The SEARCC strategy builds deep and enduring relationships, being a leader in the Asia Pacific and a place where the ICT associations collaborate.
SEARCC seeks to:
- Promote cooperation among the national computer societies in the region for the purpose of advancing knowledge and the application of IT in the region;
- Collaborate with SEARCC member economies in joint projects and programs of mutual benefit relating to IT and to assist in their development;
- Hold an annual Regional Conference; and
- Pursue opportunities and relationships with other national, international and professional organisations and agencies that will advance the interests of SEARCC.