International Information Security Conferences Announce Call for Papers
IFIP SEC 2017 and WISE10 to be held in May 2017 in Rome, Italy
Wednesday 5th October 2016 – Two of the most important global conferences in the area of information security and privacy have issued a call for papers, inviting ICT security practitioners, researchers, policy-makers and educators to submit papers for presentations and working groups.
IFIP SEC 2017 and WISE10 will both be held in Rome, Italy from 29-31 May, 2017, bringing together the leading experts in information security and privacy to consider both practical and theoretical perspectives and to share the latest research, methodologies and systems advances.
IFIP SEC 2017, the International Security and Privacy Conference, is the flagship event of TC-11, the Technical Committee focused on information security and privacy within IFIP, the global association for people working in ICT.
WISE10, the 10th world conference on information security education, will take place under the umbrella of SEC 2017, addressing the latest thinking and experiences in curriculum development, teaching practices and more. It is organised by IFIP Working Group 11.8 (part of TC-11), which is committed to progressing the field of information security education.
Expert security practitioners, developers, researchers/academics and government decision-makers and policy advisers are encouraged to submit applications to present papers or run working group discussions at either event.
Both events are organised by IFIP, the International Federation for Information Processing, under the domain of TC-11.
Topics of interest for SEC 2017 include:
- Access Control and Authentication
- Applied Cryptography
- Big Data Security and Privacy/Cloud security and privacy
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Cyber-Physical Systems Security
- Data and Applications Security
- Digital Forensics
- Human Aspects of Security and Privacy
- Identity Management
- Information Security Management
- Mobile Security
- Network & Distributed Systems Security
- Pervasive Systems Security
- Privacy Protection and Privacy-By-Design
- Surveillance and Counter-Surveillance, and more.
Papers and abstracts for SEC 2017 must be submitted by 30 December 2016 at http://ifipsec.org/2017/submission.php
Those interested in presenting at WISE10 are encouraged to consider topics such as:
- Emerging Trends and Holistic Approaches in Information Security Education
- Cyber Ethics, Cyber Security Education and Training the Cyber Warrior
- Education of Different Specialisations – ie. Security, Data Mining, Wireless, Infrastructure, etc.
- New Programs in Security and Privacy Education
- Experimental Approaches to Information Security Education and Training
- Information Security Curricula Guidelines
- Evaluation of Security Programs
- International Standards of Security Education and Assessment
- Security Certification Programs
- Professional Competencies in Security
- Information Security Laboratories
- E-Learning for the Listed Areas of Security Education, and more.
Papers and abstracts for WISE10 must be submitted by 16 January 2017. Information About submissions can be found at https://www.ifiptc11.org/wg118-events/wise10#authors-guideline
IFIP, the International Federation for Information Processing, is the global professional federation of societies and associations for people working in Information and Communications Technologies and Sciences. Established under the auspices of UNESCO in 1960 and recognised by the United Nations, IFIP represents ICT professional associations from more than 50 countries and regions with a total membership of over half a million. It also brings together more than 3,500 scientists from industry and academia, organising them into over 100 Working Groups and 13 Technical Committees to conduct research, develop standards and promote information sharing. Based in Austria, IFIP organises and supports over 100 conferences each year, fostering the distribution of research and knowledge to academics and industry practitioners alike.
Caroline New: email@example.com
Shuba Paheerathan: firstname.lastname@example.org