CEPIS has launched IT Professionalism Europe (ITPE), a network of organisations committed to furthering IT professionalism in Europe. ITPE highlights the need to implement pragmatic solutions. It provides its members with information and visibility, in a collective endeavour to promote best practice in IT professionalism and drive its development in Europe. ITPE organises national briefings dedicated to IT professionalism in Europe. Starting with series on the European e-Competence Framework (e-CF), ITPE provides e-CF Briefings to build a groundswell of awareness raising and support for the e-CF. As an organisation with an interest in the professionalisation of IT in Europe, CEPIS is inviting you to join ITPE, free of charge.
Why join ITPE?
ITPE engages with its members to undertake the following activities:
- Information: ITPE offers its members access to valuable information on the latest IT professionalism-related issues and developments. This includes practical insights and guidance on the benefits and challenges that tools, such as the e-CF, can provide in recruiting and managing IT staff.
- Promoting the e-CF: ITPE will promote the e-CF and activities and services that support employers to develop and recruit IT staff. It will help you raise the visibility of your e-CF or professionalism initiative and connect with organisations that can support your plans.
- Seminars: ITPE will organise seminars dedicated to IT professionalism in Europe. Starting with series on the e-CF, ITPE will provide e-CF information seminars in countries around Europe to build a groundswell of awareness raising and support for the e-CF. As a member of ITPE you will have access to these national seminars to promote your products and services to just the right audience. Seminars will reach out to new audiences at national level, and obtain valuable insights from individual professionals on the e-CF.
- Workshops: Making connections is critical, and joining ITPE provides opportunities to connect. ITPE serves as a forum to exchange ideas and better understand the challenges and opportunities faced by the IT profession in Europe today. ITPE workshops will provide a forum for members to develop projects, form positions and influence future developments.
Who should join?
The members of ITPE are:
- Employers of IT staff – public and private sector organisations with an IT function.
- Service providers – organisations that offer products and/or services related to the development and support of IT professionalism in the workplace.
- Stakeholders – organisations with an interest in IT professionalism such as standards bodies, education partners and government agencies.
If you wish to join, simply complete the online form http://www.itprofessionalismeurope.org/join and we’ll be in touch.