To celebrate its 60th Anniversary, IFIP is hosting the Future of Information Processing Series of 10 virtual events. The virtual events will be free and open to the public and will take place between August and December 2021.
We are seeking proposals that debate and discuss issues at the intersection of technology and the information society. We encourage proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Relevance of proposed topics: Actuality and connection to the main theme of IFIP’s Jubilee year; Representation of IFIP’s work and relevance towards IFIP’s strategic goals; Balance between technical depth and economical, societal, ethical relevance;
- Intended expertise on the panel: Proposal for proven experts in the thematic field of the talk; Diversity of the panel (international, gender & age); Proposal for Moderation of the panel; and
- Overall picture of event series: Diversity and topicality of IFIP’s work
Platforms and support for organizing and hosting your event will be provided.
The deadline to submit proposals is 14 June 2021(12:00 pm CET). Please submit your proposals here.
Important dates include:
- 14 June: Deadline for the Call for Proposals
- 21 June: Announcement of ten events
- 30 August: Start of the event series
- 6 December: End of the event series
Further information on the concept, timing and selection criteria for the virtual events is available here.