Time is fast running out to submit papers for WCCE 2017 – World Conference on Computers in Education 2017.
Organised by IFIP and hosted by the Irish Computer Society, WCCE 2017 will be held in Dublin from 3-6 July 2017 with a doctoral consortium on 2nd July.
The conference theme, “Tomorrow’s Learning: Involving Everyone”, reflects the long-standing commitment to both learning and technology that has concerned members of IFIP Technical Committee 3 (TC3) and its various working groups.
Submissions are invited covering one or more of the 11 key themes being featured under the conference banner:
- Futures of technology for learning and education
- Research and business solutions transformed into educational best practice
- Computer Science Education and its future focus and development • Inclusive and adaptive technologies
- Innovative practices with learning technologies
- Examples of global and mobile opportunities used in developed and developing countries
- Strategy and policy in education contexts and settings
- Shaping the future for ‘Digital Citizens’
- Learning analytics and ethical issues
- Critical concerns about how and whether technologies support or extend learning
- The ever-blurring boundaries of formal, informal and non-formal learning
Chair of the International Programme Committee, Professor Don Passey, said WCCE 2017 is an opportunity for researchers, policy makers, developers, teachers and learners to come together to share and discuss the current and the future, and how we will continue to progress in the development and uses of technologies and computing for the benefit of all.
“I know that Ireland sees innovation and learning as essential to its future,” he said. “With three universities rated in the top 50 in the world, together with a wealth of technology companies in the area, it is fitting that Ireland hosts this conference. On behalf of the IPC, we very much look forward to meeting you in one of the most vibrant and cultural capitals of the world.”
Submissions must be properly formatted in line with the style guidelines, which are available, along with more information about the event, at http://wcce2017.com/ .