In recent months, the Ukrainian Federation of Informatics has been part of the Ukrainian National Digital Coalition.
On September the 5th 2019, the Memorandum on the creation of the Ukrainian National Digital Coalition “Digital Transformation Coalition” was signed at the “Ukrinform” news agency in Kyiv.
The High-Tech Office Ukraine and the PO “Ukrainian Association of Information Technology Professionals” were selected as a coordinating partner.
Ukrainian Federation of Informatics Director, Igor Grebennik, and member of the UFI board, Olena Chaikovska, attended the signing ceremony of the Memorandum.
The main objective of the Digital Transformation Coalition is to consolidate and coordinate the initiatives and efforts of all partners in the field of digital development and integration of Ukraine into the European Digital Space (EU Digital Unified Market).
The main directions of cooperation of the partners of the National Coalition are to:
- Disseminate information about modern digital technologies and their practices;
- Create and develop appropriate infrastructure for acquiring and improving the digital skills of youth and society as a whole in order to increase the employment rate of the population and the effective use of digital opportunities;
- Harmonize with the Digital Agenda and the Digital Unified Market of the European Union;
- Improve access to digital infrastructure and the Internet;
- Integrate digital technologies into production processes, or digitize industry;
- Promote the digital development of settlements and regions;
- Digitize science and develop Ukrainian e-infrastructures;
- Promote the development of creative industries, cybersecurity systems and other areas of Ukraine’s digital transformation; and
- Develop international cooperation in the field of digital technology development and digital skills.
Since 2018, the Ukrainian Federation of Informatics has been an associated partner of the Erasmus + project: КА2 CBHE) dComFra – Digital competence framework for Ukrainian teachers and other citizens 598236-EPP-1 -2018-1-LT-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP.
The National Coalition was established at the initiative of the dComFra project working group under the EU funding program.
Members of the Ukrainian National Coalition for Digital Transformation are involved in discussing and participating in overcoming current global challenges. They constantly cooperate with representatives of government agencies, professional communities and all interested stakeholders to discuss e-Skills, as well as meetings with the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the National Qualifications Agency.