Submission Deadline is 30 April 2023
The International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) is a highly selective single-track international conference focusing on the latest research results on embedded systems and wireless networking, key enablers for visionary scenarios such as the Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems.
Building on the past 19 years of success, the 20th edition will be held in Rende, Italy. The conference continues its aim for broad, world-wide impact. Proceedings will be indexed in the ACM Digital Library, SCOPUS, and other prominent digital libraries.
FEATURE TOPIC: Enabling the IoT ecosystem through Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the latest example of an ecosystem whose constituent elements promise to be independent, situated, and temporarily networked to synergically provide advanced cyber–physical functionalities.
Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks play a key role in the IoT scenario but their engineering poses several challenges from as many viewpoints, spanning across the whole development stack:
- at device level, embedded system demands to incorporate embedded intelligence for smartness, autonomy, safety, resilience, efficiency and privacy;
- at network level, current wireless technologies like 5G, NB-IOT, ZigBee and Lora as well as next-generation ones need to be fully exploited aiming to enable edge computing paradigms;
- at data level, the huge amount of data with heterogeneous data schemas and formats demand for effective processing, storage and exploitation techniques; and
- finally, at the service level, integration and interoperability issues need to be addressed by means of semantic technologies to avoid siloed and segmented systems and applications.
To systematically address these issues and tame the intrinsic complexity of the IoT ecosystem, full-fledged sets of development solutions and multidisciplinary approaches are needed: therefore, methodologies, frameworks, platforms and tools purposely conceived for the IoT scenario are gaining traction.
- Regular (full/short) Paper Submission: April 30th, 2023 (extended firm deadline)
- Regular Paper Acceptance Notice: June 1st, 2023
For more information, visit the website.