Time is running to nominate highly ethical professionals and organisations for the prestigious David O’Leary Award, offered by IFIP IP3.
The deadline to nominate is 15 August, 2021, with the opportunity to recognise an individual or body that has:
- promoted and demonstrated Professionalism (Professional Practice),
- worked as an Ethics Evangelist and/or
- made strides in fostering diversity among ICT practitioners.
The award will be conferred based on the following criteria:
- Professionalism – demonstrated commitment to all aspects of ICT professional practice:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Service to organisation and broader community
- Pride in the profession and setting a good example.
- Ethics Evangelism – in addition to ethical behaviour, takes every opportunity to spread the Ethics message.
- Fosters Diversity – works to promote gender, race and digital equity.
The David O’Leary award includes a cash prize of US$1500 and travel to IFIP’s General Assembly 2022 to receive the prize. The winner in 2019 was Mary Cleary – click here to find out more.
The closing date for the 2021 Award is 15 August 2021. All information is confidential and will only be shared with prior permission.
Image – David O’Leary Award 2019
Caption: Mary Cleary (centre) received the 2019 David O’Leary Award from Anthony Wong (left – IFIP VP) and Mike Hinchey (right – IFIP President)