IFIP’s Artificial Intelligence Technical Committee Makes New Connections
IFIP’s Artificial Intelligence Technical Committee (TC 12) has broadened its reach, building new relationships with key AI groups and events around the world to provide greater opportunities for knowledge transfer and innovation.
TC 12’s new Chair, Professor Ulrich Furbach of Germany, said collaborations have already been arranged with the following events:
- SmartER Europe – Smart Energy Research at the crossroads of Engineering, Economics and Computer Science (http://ifip-tc12.digital-ecology.org/events-page/event/35-smarter-europe-smart-energy-research-at-the-crossroads-of-engineering-economics-and-computer-science) taking place in Essen on February 18, 2016
- The 15th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (http://ifip-tc12.digital-ecology.org/events-page/event/34-the-15th-international-conference-on-principles-of-knowledge-representation-and-reasoning) taking place in Cape Town from April 25-29, 2016
- 2nd International Workshop on Computational History and Data-Driven Humanities (http://kdeg.scss.tcd.ie/2nd-international-workshop-computational-history-and-data-driven-humanities) taking place in Dublin in May 2016
German Conference Series on Multiagent System Technologies (http://ifip-tc12.digital-ecology.org/events-page/event/32-german-conference-series-on-multiagent-system-technologies) taking place in Klagenfurth from September 26-30, 2016
TC 12 is also supporting two events associated with IJCAI-16, the International Joint Conference for Artificial Intelligence 2016 (http://ijcai-16.org/), which will be held in New York from 9-15 July 2016:
- The Second Workshop on Bridging the Gap between Human and Automated Reasoning (http://ifip-tc12.digital-ecology.org/events-page/event/33-second-workshop-on-bridging-the-gap-between-human-and-automated-reasoning) will be held on July 10, 2016; and
- AI4KM, Artificial Intelligence for Knowledge Management (http://innovation-ecosystems.eu//?page_id=104&lang=en, the official IFIP WG 12.6 conference, will also be held in New York that week.
AI4KM and IJCAI-16 have both issued a Call for Papers so check out the links to find out more and take the opportunity to get involved.
For more information about TC 12 events and activities, contact Professor Furbach on firstname.lastname@example.org or the new TC 12 Secretary, Professor Elize Ehlers on email@example.com
IFIP, the International Federation for Information Processing, is the global professional federation of societies and associations for people working in Information and Communications Technologies and Sciences. Established under the auspices of UNESCO in 1960 and recognised by the United Nations, IFIP represents ICT professional associations from more than 50 countries and regions with a total membership of over half a million. It also brings together more than 3,500 scientists from industry and academia, organising them into over 100 Working Groups and 13 Technical Committees to conduct research, develop standards and promote information sharing. Based in Austria, IFIP organises and supports over 100 conferences each year, fostering the distribution of research and knowledge to academics and industry practitioners alike.
Caroline New: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuba Paheerathan: email@example.com