IFIP WG8.6 has announced plans to organise its upcoming conference on the theme, “Re-Imagining Diffusion and Adoption of Information Technology and Systems: A Continuing Conversation”.
To be held at the Indian Institute of Management in Tiruchirappalli, India from 17-19 December 2020, the conference will focus particularly on understanding the diffusion and adoption of emerging information technologies and systems (i.e., Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Fintech Applications, Internet of Things, Social Media), which are expected to have substantial impact on future economic development of society, organizations and individuals.
These emerging technologies have great potential to contribute to organisational and societal reforms. Thus, for the past couple of years, the scholarly body has been showing a sincere interest in the understanding of adoption, usage, impact, and potential of the aforementioned technologies on individuals, societies and organizations.
This WG8.6 2020 conference aims to bring together scholars and practitioners from inter-disciplinary areas to enrich scholarly deliberations on the adoption, usage, impact and potential of emerging technologies. To achieve this goal, we invite scholars and practitioners to present their ideas and findings at IFIP WG 8.6. Theoretical and empirical papers employing quantitative, qualitative, and/or critical methods are welcomed. We welcome submissions with the following broader tracks.
- Fast track review and publication in International Journal of Information Management (ABDC A*)
- Paper Development Workshop by renowned Prof. Viswanath Venkatesh (Originator of UTAUT)
- Special Issues in International Journal of Electronic Government Research (ABDC C)
- All articles presented in the conference will be published by Springer and indexed in the Scopus database
- Many more workshops
Tracks for Submissions
- Artificial Intelligence/Autonomous Systems
- Smart Cities and Digital Government
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Fin-Tech Applications
- Social Media
- Big Data and Analytics
- Cloud Computing and Digital Innovation
- Healthcare IT
- Emerging Technologies in Consumer Decision-Making and Choice
- Adoption of Mobile & Platform-based Applications
- Emerging Technologies in e-Governance
- IT and Disaster Management
- Conference Theme
- General Adoption and Diffusion
Submissions open: Paper Submission Deadline: 15 May 2020
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers.
Paper submissions link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ifip2020
For general inquires, email at IFIP2020@iimtrichy.ac.in
For conference details, visit us at https://ifip8.62020.iimtrichy.ac.in