The India region plays an important role in the global computing landscape with its highly trained manpower, software companies, and top universities that produce students who not only serve local needs, but move around the world and have global impact. CACM developed this special section to mirror all these facets, for its November issue. This section is free to read in the ACM Digital Library; click on the link labeled “PDF Special Section on India Region” to access the full text of articles that range from educational outreach to digital platforms that are transforming Indian government to how technology is benefiting women in developing countries. Also watch a video in which co-organizers Anand Deshpande, Pankaj Jalote, and PJ Narayanan introduce this section.
- ACM Elects Austrian Gabriele Kotsis as President
- ACM Seeks Nominations for HPC-Based COVID-19 Research Prize
- Principles and Practices for Contact Tracing Technologies
- ACS Announces Winners of Australia/New Zealand Defence Force Hackathon
- IFIP 10.4 WG Announces Jean-Claude Laprie Award Winners for 2020